The 2010 Prius – 50 MPG at Least!


The 2010 Toyota Prius is set to break the 50 MPG barrier that the American public has been salivating for. According to the EPA which is the governing body for all things MPG related, the 2007 Prius gets a combined 46 MPG which is the leader among all hybrid vehicles. Well Toyota is at the forefront of battery technology and the batteries on the horizon will be able to charge easier and last longer. This is where the PHEV or Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle will come into play. For the 2010 Prius you can get a PHEV model which will allow you to charge the batteries that power the electric motor at home. This will help the Prius to use the electric engine more often which will increase the fuel economy and lower emissions; a win/win situation for the public.

Visit the Palm Springs Auto Mall to see a giant selection of hybrid vehicles. Also the I-10 Toyota website will have upcoming feature on the new Prius.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This 4th generation Prius should open a lot of people's eyes to the Hybrid car market. The larger 1.6- liter engine with increased horsepower and mileage is good news. Not to mention the fact that this will be the first plug-in Prius model.

Anonymous said...

I just put wheels on a black Prius and I have to say that it came out better then I expected. It had tinted windows, it was all black and it was real clean with black wheels. :)

Anonymous said...

I won't be buying the 2009 Prius then. I can wait for the 2010 version, it seems like a much better investment in my opinion. Besides, our car right now isn't a gas guzzler anyway so I think I'm good for now.

Anonymous said...

I know Toyota will be the first automaker to break the 100 Mile MPG barrier! Buy a cheap Used Toyota Hybrid.

CA Car Repair said...

I can't wait to see how many true 100 mpg cars the Xprize inspires.

Modocars said...

It seems like a much better investment in my opinion. This 4th generation Prius should open a lot of people's eyes to the Hybrid car market.
http://modocars.com

sell a car online said...

MY most favorite car.The Toyota car first automaker to break barrier i am waiting for this version.The principles of AutoSellerNetwork set out to revolutionize the way people buy and sell vehicles.

onhighbeam said...

A much improved Prius with a much improved mileage! nice to hear something new about it and will be looking forward to see it soon...

luxematic said...

When will the Prius be released?

JDM Nismo NIssan 370Z said...

Ah the PLug in Prius is going to revolutionize tha auto industry. 100 MPG in 2 years lets bet on it!

Ford Lincoln Mercury dealers said...

My first love was Ford Lincoln, it was difficult for me to switch to an Opel but my growing family didn't give me any other choice. I really hope I'll be able to have my own Ford in few years, this is on top of my priority list.

home interest rates said...

no comment just wonderful car, it's my opinion about the 2010 Prius

tyre changers said...

Lower emissions will take Prius - 50 MPG to the masses very easily. It will get accepted by the authorities easily.

- Herman Swan
UK

Ford CT said...

50 MPG is pretty awesome. I don't think any of our cars (FORD) are near that threshold yet. Although it would be nice.

Semi trucks said...

The Prius is a good car, but I wish they would change the design up a little bit.

Used Cars said...

New 2010 Prius is running on one or both power sources to balance acceleration and fuel economy, and has solar roof panel that can pwer ventilating fan when car is parked

Cheap Used Cars said...

Prius looks beautiful and also having advanced features.

Car Parts Guy said...

I love my Prius. So glad I bought it with as much driving a I do!